Lake Huron is the 3rd largest fresh water lake on earth and we are standing on it; that is Northern Michigan weather for ya, not even 850 cubic miles of good ol' fashioned water can withstand it.* That's 125 trillion cubic feet and almost a quadrillion gallons of water. If Lake Huron were milk, it would be worth like 60 times the world's gross domestic product. Then we could call them the Grrrrr-eat! Lakes, but we would have to pay Kellogg a healthy sum for the trademark license. But of course it would all freeze, and the milk would be nasty and they would have to sell it as "Manager's Special" and it would only be worth 1.5 quadrillion. You can't even pay for a decent freedom war with that kind of money, so I guess we should just stick to water.
* - The entire lake doesn't freeze. There is a tropical island in the middle of the lake where Santa Claus vacations that stays 85ยบ all year.**
** - The part about Santa is a lie.† But it's true that the entire lake doesn't usually freeze over.
† - I also lied about the grandma in Gymboree story, and some one believed me††
†† - See comments on A2 vs. Utah II post




5 comments:
Dave I love your North Face Jacket--I think I must have left it over at your place a few months back--it does look better on you than me.
those ice sheets are amazing!but, burrrrr......
I'm so jealous that you were able to go to the beach!! The ice sheets are incredible. It looks like you had fun. I love the picture of you both.
LMHO!!!That is too funny!...The footnotes!
Ricann, what is going on??? Did you give up blogging and turn it over to Dave?
What a trip to the beach huh? I mean, does it really count as a trip to the beach if it's frozen? YUCK!!!!!!!!!!
I think the beach I went to was a little more relaxing, that is really pretty though.
Post a Comment