I am halfway done with law school and I have been thinking about my time here in Ann Arbor, compared to the other 20-something years of my life. This entry started as a list of things comparing Utah to A2, but I started it two weeks ago and have not gotten very far. So I will just post things individually as I have time to finish them.
Things that are different:
Greeting your buddies.
No one knows what the fist bump/explosion is. After this long, I still blow it up and people still look at me weird. Even Ez gives me funny looks when he gives me "pow"--his little fist bump--and I do some "kabooooom" thing. Most greetings involve no touching, but on occasion there is a little hand jivin' and it always gets awkward with my fist blow up. Sometimes people shake hands. I shouldn't be shaking hands with friends, ever. Unless it is a funeral or that person's wedding/child birth/other hugely significant event.
Things that are the same:
Weather.
Everyone makes a big deal about Michigan weather. I remember the first thing people said when I told them I was moving to Michigan was something along the lines of; "Wow, better buy a thick coat. You are going to freeze!". It's not really any colder than Northern Utah.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Dave, You crack us up!
You were so quiet when we first met you, now we can't stop laughing whenever we see you!
We can't wait for you guys to come back so we can hang out again!
This is totally true! I was just thinking how in Utah you see people you know EVERYWHERE! Here, you see NO ONE. I can't decide if that's good or bad?
Post a Comment