Monday, February 25, 2008

Motor City Breakdown.

Well the 3 of us ventured out this last weekend to a lovely little city called Detroit, you may have heard of it. We ate lunch with some friends in Mexican Town. This restaurant is the only place with the real deal flavor of Mexico. Thanks Bennets and Savages for the great find and fantastic company :)

After lunch we decided to to drive around and take pictures. There are some pretty cool shots, but we they were all taken from inside the car. We didn't dare stop and get out. I shouldn't say that; Dave would have gotten out and mingled with the locals but Ez and I were a little nervous.
Hope you enjoy as much as we do! To see all the detail double click on the pic and it will enlarge them.

Doesn't this little place look welcoming?

You know it is super ghetto if they have an Ogden.

We found the old Tigers Stadium. It was pretty dang cool!

This is my favorite picture. This is what the whole city looks like.

Tiger Stadium. Can you see the lights?

In this one you can see the old fences and buildings at the stadium.

The locals hangin out. Notice the one guy looking at us over his shoulder. It made me pretty nervous.

This picture reminds me of something right of the movies.

Pretty cool. Dave has quite the eye for some cool shots.

This is a church we found. We didn't dare stop and get out. I just stuck the camera out the window and snapped. Impressive if I say so myself.
These kind of buildings were all over. I love how they look.

Don't they look like they should be in the movies? But no one dares to film around these parts.

This is the old abandoned train station. Its huge! I bet this was a beautiful building 50 years ago. But now all the windows are broken out and the walls are all tagged.

8 comments:

Cara said...

Type in ruins of detroit on google and I think it is the fourth one down, it is pretty interesting. We drove to downtown detroit last month there are so much great architecture that is abandoned.

Mandy said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! That's awesome that you are sight seeing while you are here! I've never even seen some of those spots and I've lived in Michigan my whole life! Miss you guys, we need to hang out soon!

Anonymous said...

When I come out I think me and Dave should sleep in the old train station one night just for fun.

kristi lou said...

wowa.i had no idea it was like that...it's sad isn't it?

ps. i'm still getting over you guys ditching us for spring break. :)

*NaTaLiE SaNdaLL* said...

WOW! What a neat trip. I love old dirty abandon things, I think they are so interesting and have so much history. I love all the photos, you are quite the photographer! Looks like fun:-)

Anonymous said...

Smart to take the pictures from your car. To bad you didn't capture the teddy bear house. Lunch was so fun, we need to hang out more, and you need to move over to our side of ann arbor!

Anonymous said...

sorry, I meant TOO bad.. I really can spell. shoot.

Abbigail said...

wow. you shoudl check out the beautiful ruins of detroit link on my blog... some amazing photos. I can't believe that city, it is so sad. I am going to an opening there on Friday if you want to join me. It is for my friend Julie.