Ez and I have not left the house in 2 days. Church was canceled today and yesterday we were just too lame to leave (except for RicAnn, she had a girls' day out). So Z is really bored. He learned how to throw garbage away this week, and until today, it was a very handy trick. He always throws his own diapers away and cleans up after meals. But today, we couldn't find RicAnn's cell phone; we heard it ringing somewhere in the kitchen, but we had no idea where it was. I finally figured out that it was in the garbage can. I pulled out the phone, and it was covered in gunk (we had just dumped in some nasty water that the considerate maintenance crew left in a bucket under our sink). Oh, and it was her new phone she just got to replace the one she ruined in the diaper bag with a leaky sippy cup. Ez is lucky he made it out alive.
But he offset that with a handful of other cute stuff he was forced to learn out of boredom. He put all his animals "nigh-nigh", by laying them all on their sides. Then he learned how to open doors. Then he learned how to kick off of other chairs and move his high chair around. Then he learned how to hop like a kangaroo. He is also learning the difference between up and down, and practices by standing on tip-toes and then crouching down. Yesterday, out of no where, he started singing some song and then fell down laughing. I finally figured out he was singing "Ring Around the Rosies". And to show how bored he is, he goes to the door every half hour or so, tries to open it and says "bye bye". Poor kid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I guess now wouldn't be a good time to tell you that my kids just spent all day playing outside on the grass and basking in 70 degrees of sunshine. ;)
but maybe it will convince you to come visit!
Hilarious! Get that kid out of the house! JK! Glad to see you are all doing well!
Poor cell phone, I mean Ez! :) Come and play more often!
Post a Comment