Different:
No one has kids in this town. And if they do have kids, they decide to get the ball rolling at 40. In Utah, if I am unlucky enough to go into a Gymboree store, everyone there is my age or younger, especially now that my mother-in-law isn't there all the time (Oooohhh, burn!). I mean the parents are just as entertained as their kids by the TV playing loops of Barney & Friends. I know I sang along for at least an hour once. Not so in Tree Town. I was bored one day while RicAnn was browsing the clearance rack--where a shirt for the Kid is only $20, what a bargain!--and some lady mistook me for an employee. Since Ann Arbor doesn't have a TV in the back, I decided to help her look for that cute strawberry hat in 6-12. Taking note of the gray hair and white Keds, I asked if she was shopping for her granddaughter. Turns out it was for her first born. In Utah, the moms read 17 in the waiting room. The pediatricians' offices here are stocked with the latest edition of AARP Magazine. At least us early-reproducing Utahns can enjoy games of Bingo on cruise ships, while my A2 counterparts are sitting through the 6th grade's stage production of Shrek 5.
Same:
People don't like France here either. I don't get it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
LOL!!! It is that way, I think, Everywhere except Utah!
I love the examples you used! That is so hilarious! I actually prefer the idea of starting the family earlier, and finishing up earlier, so I have more time to spend vacationing with my hubby once the kids move out! Bingo in the cruise ships, here we come!!!;)
too funny. i can't believe you asked about the grandchild! i love it that people in ann arbor wait longer to have kids. I am no longer a freak of nature having my first child at 28 like I am in UT. I am considered a young, hip Mom here. I love it. Maybe next time I go to UT they will ask if Kitty is my gradaughter! ;)
I wish we would have done even more vacationing before kitty. it is a nightmare now that is for sure.
Hey now!! That's it just, "Hey now!!" How are ya anyway?
Post a Comment