Sunday, March 9, 2008

Hair Growing contest

Ez and I are in the middle of a hair-growing contest. We started a few months ago and it ends in May, right before I start work. I posted this for your mid-contest comments. Now, I know the tendency will be to vote for Ez, but I encourage you not to do so for five very good reasons: 1) as cute as he may be, don't forget that there is a source for those mighty fine good looks, and don't insult my boy by saying he got them from a yucky girl. 2) You may want to vote for him because you don't want to hurt his feelings, but that is just going to undermine the boy's sense of self-worth. Let him genuinely earn your praises, otherwise he will do drugs and injure small animals for fun. It's true, I read it in "The Absolute Final Word in Parenting Strategies". 3) Don't forget to take into account the curl in my hair. Z's is bone straight. 4) my hair is longer than his. Trust me. And finally, 5) He can't read anyway, so he won't know the outcome, whereas I can read and I am kind of sensitive.


Vote on the poll to the right.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I was going to do that with my boys too, but then I realized it would be embarassing for all of us.

Anonymous said...

I think Dave is actually winning as far as length, but Z-money sports the hair much better.

Joann said...

Hi Dave, you are actually pretty funny with your information jokes (you must have gotten that from dad--ha ha) Your hair is pretty scraggly looking, you might have to go for that Italian mafia look that worked so well for you in high school! And just in case he can read, cause he is pretty smart you know I am voting for EZ but I still love you too! And by the way, you do not have your mom's permission to ever get out of the car in those two lovely cities !

Anonymous said...

ok, that is funny.

Heidi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi said...

Sorry I was in a big hurry and did not pass with flying colors in spelling on my first comment. Spelling hum... not my strong point! Anyhow... Too Funny - Blake and Hayden had not had their haircut for months so Sunday night I said that's it and got out the shears!!! Ez is getting so so big, he has lost that baby look, skipped over the toddler phase and jumped right into the little boy stage with his long hair! I guess that gives away who I voted for :) Love ya'll Heidi

*NaTaLiE SaNdaLL* said...

I'm pretty sure it's a toss up! Can't decided, sorry...

Mandy said...

Go Ezra! J/K. Love the pic. Just make sure we can still tell he's a boy, sometimes Kate Hudson's boy looks like a girl cause his hair is so long! I know that will never happen to Ez, he's too manly!

Abbigail said...

Dave, don't go to Mexico City looking like that. Didn't you hear about all of the anti-emo riots down there?

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/03/27/antiemo-pogroms-spre.html

-Ryan