Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Our Little Girl

Evey Mae
January 31, 2009
4:46 am
7 lbs. 9 oz.
19.5 inches

Evey Mae

Proud Daddy

Mommy & Lil' Evey


Ez loves his "liddle sister"


Labor & Delivery
(If you would like more detail you can email me :))
All day 01/30/09 inconsistent contractions all day.
11:00 pm- I went to bed to tough it out.
1:30 am- Woke up Dave.
2:15 am- Went to the hospital, dilated to a 7.
3:15 am- I finally got an IV, after 3 long tries. (I had to have it before I could get an epidural.)
3:30 am- I was dilated to a 9. Dr Fleming gave me 2 options:
1- Break my water and deliver in 20 minutes.
2- Get an epidural and wait.
I picked option #2. There was no way I could go through another contraction! I know, I should have toughed it out but at the time I was really really hurting!
3:45 am- I got the dream drug!
4:20 am- They broke my water and I was 9.5 cm
4:35 am- I was ready to deliver.
4:46 am- Little Ms. Evey Mae came to the world!

21 comments:

jlbunting.com said...

Congratulations you guys! She's beautiful, of course. And Evey Mae is such a cute name. Enjoy your little one!

Jenni said...

Congratulations!! She is darling. Hope you are feeling well and getting a little bit of sleep!

kristi lou said...

oh! love that first picture. such a sweetie. sent her a little gifty in the mail today.

Lisa said...

Yay! She's so sweet, can't wait to see more pics!

AngiDe said...

What a doll!!!

XO

Melissa said...

Congrats! She's beuatiful, and there is now way in heck I would have chosen option #1! I love that sweet nectar pumped into my spinal cord:)

Smith Family said...

Congratulations on your new baby girl!!!

Holly said...

I love the name you picked. What a doll! The pains of labor are coming back to me after your description. Thank goodness for epiderals!

Abbigail said...

Congrats, she is adorable. I can't believe you were so far along before you got the meds. !!!!!! How did you do it?!?! The pain... oh the pain. Good work.

anjie said...

Congratulations! She's a cutie!

Monica Polad said...

She is adorable! Have fun with a little girl. They are amazing and lots of fun!

Kara and Mike Barber said...

I am so excited for you guys! The pictures are adorable, Ez looks so cute cuddling his "liddle sister" I wish I could be there to see her. I will have to come visit when I get back from UT. Have fun!

rupee40 said...

Congratulations! She is adorable and you have the cutest little family. RicAnn, you look great!

Becky said...

Such a sweet little thing! I love her name! I hope you were able to get some catch-up sleep last night! xoxox

Anonymous said...

Congrats Canni!
We are very excited for you guys!!
I need you to clarify the pronunciation on her name. Is the "E" pronounced the same as Ezra's or is it said "Eevey" ???
I want to make sure I am saying it right.
Sounds like you did awesome with the labor!
I loved your dad's news letter about it.
Congratulations again!

Andrea Weaver said...

Oh my gosh!!! Congrats on your adorable new baby girl! I'm so glad she is here safe and sound. I miss you. So sorry I've been so out of touch. Let's talk soon. Love you...Andrea

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! So excited for your sweet little girl! Your post now has me freaked out what i will do if I can't get an epidural!! I would totally wait as well! I hope you're starting to feel back to normal soon!

Aimee said...

Beautiful. Can't wait to see her in person! Good to hear everything went without complication and that Ezra loves his "liddle sister". Absolutely precious!

Janie said...

She is so perfect! Congrats to all of you. Why do babies love being born in the middle of the night?? They just love keeping us up :) Good choice going with the epidural!! I love her name.

Julie said...

She is gorgeous!!! Congrats!

Elizabeth said...

Congrats! Our timing in delivery was almost the exact same in the night. It was like reliving it all over again.

I know you guys are in the hospital now, you are all in our prayers and we hope she gets well soon.