So after reading RicAnn's list of quirks, I thought of something she should have included; her various sayings, etc. ( I wanted to say "linguistic mannerisms", but come on, that would have been REALLY lame).
"I was telling Dave..."
Just about anything she tells a friend is prefaced by "I was telling Dave". Half of it I don't remember her telling me, but I'm sure she did at some point. When I get home from school, RicAnn is glad to finally talk to an adult, so I get an earful while I am trying to build a sweet tunnel for Thomas the Train.
"Does that make sense?"
She got this one from her mom. If she explains something, she always follows up with "Does that make sense". Now one of my professors is doing it too. Weird...
I ______, Im all like ________.
When she says something clever, funny, rude, or out of the ordinary, she immediatly follows up with "Im all like" and then repeats whatever she just said. Example: "That's what she said, im all like that's what she said"
Like
You would think RicAnn was a valley girl because of how much she uses "like". Sorry babe, shoulda taken you to Cali.
Misheard lyrics - "wasn't very so"
So this is for those of you (un)lucky enough to have heard "Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree". Instead of singing, "it wasn't really so" she says, "it wasn't very so". Her entire family does it too, it is pretty funny. The first time I heard her say it I asked if she knew what she was saying. She thought about it for a minute and realized it made absolutely no sense, but that hasn't stopped her from signing it.
"homechica"
I think she got this one from me, but it is her feminine version of "home boy/slice/skillet". Even though she got it from me, it is much better when she says it.
"Shut up!"
If you tell her something interesting, new, scandalous, etc. She will tell you to shut up. I think this is a pretty frequent saying, but I heard it from her first. The first time she said it to me, I was surprised and apologized.
These are just a few things that make her RicAnn and they are all part of why I love her so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
What a cute post! RicAnn, Don't you love that he notices all of these little cute things you do!
I love it!
Oh, and the "it wasn't very so" Deklan says the EXACT same thing! I love to hear his version of all the primary songs!
I think I have heard a few of those phrases before =) I'm all, I think I've heard a few of those phrases before...
xoxox
Post a Comment