Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Traditions Carried on.






We've LOVE traditions. Here is our "real" Christmas tree. While growing up one of the traditions I remember was the annual "fight." My Mom and Dad had a "discussion" about the lights on the tree and if the tree was straight. I love thinking about the holidays way back then. When I think of Christmas I think of pistachios, Christmas candy, Temple Square, Christmas Eve PJs.

There was always a Santa boot of pistachios on the fireplace.

Mom got together with my aunts to make Christmas candy. I remember pretending to be sick at school so I could go home while they were making candy.

We went to Temple Square every year. We'd do the same thing. Eat dinner at JBs get our "present" hat and gloves. Then we'd go get our pictures taken in the booth in the toy/magic store then head over to the lights. I love it!

Every Christmas Eve my mom would get us matching PJs. Every year they were different. I remember a big Tshirt with our names puff painted on them. Sweats with our nicknames printed on the sleeve. I hope my kids enjoy these traditions as much as I do.

No comments: