Monday, March 2, 2009

Gnocchis

Dave has been wanting to make Gnocchis for a long time. So I finally gave in. Here are pictures of proof that he did it all on his own. Believe me it is quite the process.

*Peel potatoes
*Boil potatoes
*Mash potatoes
*Add flour, egg, milk, water
*Add lots more flour
*Add even more flour
*Knead into dough
*Roll into dough snakes
*Cut 1 inch pieces
*Roll down a fork
*Boil
*Scoop out cooked gnocchis
*Add red sauce and cheese
*Enjoy









6 comments:

sampacheco said...

Dudes!
That is rock and roll! I am making it tonight!
Sammy (not the dog....the other one who you guys neglect)

Becky said...

So did it taste good? I've always wanted to try gnocchi when I see it at Sam's Club, but never have. Was it worth all the work? I can't believe Dave made it all by himself--he's growing up so fast! :)

Natalie said...

Hey RicAnn!
I don't know why I haven't connected with your blog yet...I saw your comment on Heidi's and connected to yours! Congratz on the birth of your cute girl! She's a doll! And I can't believe how much Ez has grown up! Cute kids!
I don't know if you're connected to my blog or not, but if you're not, send me your email and I'll send you an invite to read it! nat_skinner@yahoo.com
Good to talk...via internet!

Shuman X Seven said...

OOOHH I have only had gnocchi once in college.....Could you post a recipe?? That would be fun to make. I had completely forgotten about those YUM!!

Great Job Dave!

Cara said...

Homemade gnocchi? you guys are fancy! I keep thinking I should make some but then I see the freeze dried gnocchi at Trader Joes and get lazy.

Bayles Clan said...

i love those-jealous